Thank you for your interest in Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP). Our plans are offered by Upper Peninsula Health Plan, LLC, a Medicare Advantage Health Maintenance Organization (HMO).
You can join UPHP Advantage (HMO) or UPHP Choice (HMO) if you are entitled to Medicare Part A, you are enrolled in Medicare Part B, and you live in the service area. Generally, individuals with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) are not eligible to enroll in UPHP. Please call the plan to see if you are eligible to join.
The UPHP Summary of Benefits tells you some features of our plan. It doesn’t list every service we cover or list every limitation or exclusion. To get a complete list of our benefits, please call UPHP Customer Service and ask for the UPHP Evidence of Coverage. You may also review the pre-enrollment checklist before making an enrollment decision.
How to Enroll in UPHP Advantage (HMO) or UPHP Choice (HMO):
There are five easy ways to enroll.
- Speak with an enrollment representative by calling 1-877-349-9324 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time, with weekend hours Oct. 1 through March 31. The call is free.
- Print the appropriate enrollment form below, and mail or fax the completed form to:
Upper Peninsula Health Plan
853 West Washington Street
Marquette, MI 49855
- Enroll online.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY/TDD: 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Calls to these numbers are free.
- Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in UPHP Advantage or UPHP Choice through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Online Enrollment Center (clicking this link will take you away from UPHP’s website).
If you are unsure if UPHP is the plan for you, call UPHP Customer Service at 1-877-349-9324 (TTY: 711) and ask to speak to an agent. You may call Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time, with weekend hours from Oct. 1 through March 31. The call is free. Agents are Michigan-licensed health insurance agents employed by the Upper Peninsula Health Plan, LLC and may be paid based on your enrollment in the plan.
You may also contact the Upper Peninsula Commission for Area Progress (UPCAP) Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) for help. MMAP counselors can help Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries determine what plan is best for them. Call them at 1-800-803-7174, or dial 211 for more information. You may also visit their website at www.upcap.org (clicking this link will take you away from UPHP’s website).H2161_2019_WP0001
Page Last Updated: 01/2/2019
Medicare Advantage Plans
- Case Management
- Enroll Now
- Our Service Area
- Annual Notice of Changes
- Contact Us
- Benefits & Cost Sharing Information
- Evidence of Coverage
- Medication Therapy Management
- Appeals, Coverage Determinations, and Grievances
- Low Income Subsidy
- Live Fit
- Fitness Center Search
- Provider Search – Medicare Advantage Plans
- Quality Assurance Policies & Procedures
- Related Links
- Summary of Benefits
- Your Rights & Privacy Notice