Enrollment & Service Area
Thank you for your interest in Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP) MI Health Link (Medicare-Medicaid Plan). Our plan is offered by Upper Peninsula Health Plan L.L.C., and contracts with both Medicare and Michigan Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. This plan is designed for people who meet specific enrollment criteria.
If you have questions about enrollment or disenrollment in MI Health Link, please call Michigan ENROLLS toll-free at 1-800-975-7630. Persons with hearing and speech disabilities may call the TTY number at 1-888-263-5897. The office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
UPHP MI Health Link is a new program that will allow you to get health care and services covered by Medicare and Medicaid. UPHP MI Health Link lets you use one plan and one card for health care, behavioral health care, home and community-based services, nursing home care, and medications.
You will have your own care coordinator who will help link you to your doctors, pharmacies, behavioral health care and long-term care supports and services through your health plan. The care coordinator will also help make sure that all your doctors and other providers work together to meet your needs and honor your choices. This person will assist with your care plan, answer your questions, help get appointments and services, arrange transportation, and more.
You may be eligible for UPHP MI Health Link if you:
- Live in any of the 15 counties in the Upper Peninsula
- Are age 21 or older
- Have full Medicare and full Medicaid
- Are not enrolled in hospice
How do you enroll?
There will be two phases of UPHP MI Health Link enrollment. If you are eligible to join, you will receive a letter from Michigan ENROLLS telling you how to enroll and who you contact for help. Your letter will describe your options for MI Health Link. You can:
- Choose to enroll when you receive your letter
- Do nothing and if eligible you will be enrolled in the UPHP MI Health Link
- Choose to disenroll from UPHP MI Health Link by contacting Michigan ENROLLS prior to your enrollment effective date
You can change your health plans or leave UPHP MI Health Link at any time.
Why choose UPHP MI Health Link?
- You will have one plan for all your Medicare and Medicaid benefits including medications.
- You will not pay any copayments or deductibles for in-network services including medications (nursing home patient pay amounts still apply).
- You will have your own care coordinator who will:
- Work with you to create a personal care plan based on your goals
- Answer your questions and make sure that your health care issues get the attention they deserve
- Connect you to supports and services you need to be healthy and live where you want
Upper Peninsula Health Plan MI Health Link (Medicare- Medicaid Plan) serves the counties of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
These counties are:
Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft.
The UPHP MI Health Link Summary of Benefits tells you some features of our plan. It does not list every service we cover or list every limitation or exclusion. To get a complete list of our benefits, look at the UPHP MI Health Link Member Handbook.
2023 UPHP MI Health Link Summary of Benefits
Page Last Updated: 10/18/2022