The Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP) has many providers and hospitals to care for its medicaid members. The health plan gives members access to doctors who work alone, as part of groups, and in hospitals. Use the lists here to find doctors and other providers for health care. To learn if one is active with UPHP, check this site or call Customer Service at 1-800-835-2556.
Medicaid and Healthy Michigan Plan
- Provider Search – Search for primary care providers and specialists in your area.
- CSHCS Search – Search for CSHCS providers in your area.
- Hospital Search – Search for hospitals in your area.
- Facility Search – Search for ancillary providers in your area, including audiology, dialysis, durable medical equipment, physical therapy, and more.
- Pharmacy Search– Search for pharmacies that participate with the plan. If you need to locate a pharmacy outside of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, please click here. (Clicking this link will take you away from UPHP’s website.)
- Dentist Search (Healthy Michigan Plan and All Pregnant Women on UPHP Medicaid 21+ Years Old Only) -Search for dentists that participate with the plan. (Clicking this link will take you away from UPHP’s website.)
Dentist Search (Healthy Kids Dental for All Medicaid Members Ages 20 and Under) – Search for dentists that participate with the plan.
(Clicking this link will take you away from UPHP’s website.)
The provider search shows:
- Name and Gender: Providers self-report these. UPHP confirms the provider’s name when the provider’s credentials are first checked and then every two years. UPHP does not confirm the provider’s gender.
- Office Locations and Telephone Numbers: Providers self-report these. UPHP confirms them quarterly and also when a provider reports a change.
- Specialty: This is the area that the provider reports is his or her area of expertise. When a provider’s credentials are first checked, UPHP makes sure that he or she has finished a recognized residency, fellowship, or other appropriate education. UPHP also confirms this information every two years.
- Hospital Affiliations: These are the main network hospitals that the provider uses. The provider reports them when credentials are first checked and when there is a change. UPHP checks these when first reported and then every two years. They may change during the two years between reviews.
- Medical Group Affiliations: These are the medical groups that the provider belongs to. Providers self-report this information. UPHP confirms this information quarterly.
- Board Certification: This shows whether a physician has taken and passed a thorough test in his or her specialty. He or she reports this when credentials are first checked and when there is a change. UPHP checks the certification status and expiration date when first reported and when the certification expires. To check board certification on your own, visit abms.org, osteopathic.org, certificationmatters.org, or doctorsthatdo.org
- Sees New UPHP Members: This shows if the provider will see new patients. The provider reports this when credentials are first checked and when there is a change. UPHP confirms it quarterly and also when the provider reports a change.
- Languages: All UPHP providers speak English. Languages other than English are listed when known. The provider reports this when credentials are first checked and when there is a change. UPHP does not confirm this.
The hospital search shows:
- Hospital Name: The hospital reports its name to UPHP when the hospital is first credentialed and then at least every three years after that. UPHP does not confirm the hospital’s name.
- Hospital Location and Phone Number: The hospital reports its location and phone number to UPHP when the hospital is first credentialed and then at least every three years after that. UPHP confirms this information.
- Hospital Accreditation Status: This means whether the hospital has sought and complied with standards of a nationally recognized entity that assesses the quality and performance of hospitals. The hospital reports this when credentials are first checked and where there is a change. UPHP checks this with the accrediting entity when first reported. UPHP checks again at least every three years or when the accreditation expires, whichever comes first. You can find more information about accreditation at jointcommission.org
- Hospital Quality Data from Recognized Sources: The federal government created a Hospital Compare website that can be used to find hospitals near you, review surveys of patient experiences, review measures regarding timely and effective care, and review infection rates. UPHP does not collect hospital quality data or verify this kind of data. You can find hospital quality data at medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
This searchable directory provides a list of Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP) network providers.
This directory is for all counties of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, including: Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft counties.
This searchable directory is updated daily. We do not guarantee that each provider is still accepting new members. To get the most up-to-date information about UPHP’s network providers in your area, you can call UPHP Customer Service at 1-800-835-2556.
If you would like to request that a hard copy of the UPHP Provider and Pharmacy Directory be mailed to you, please click here.
Page Last Updated: 10/28/2020