For transportation assistance for Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP), please call 1-800-835-2556. UPHP’s Transportation Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. Our answering machine is on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Assistance is available for care that is medically necessary and UPHP will use the most cost-effective means of transportation. If you cancel or change an appointment, you need to tell UPHP before the day of the appointment.
- The UPHP Transportation benefit is only available for UPHP covered services.
- Appointments can be called in as soon as they are scheduled.
- Call UPHP at least 3 business days before your appointment if you need reimbursement only.
- Call UPHP at least 5 business days before your appointment if you need a ride (e.g. bus, taxi, driver).
- Requests for urgent appointments may qualify for reimbursement only and can be processed without a 3 business day notice.
Please have the following information ready when you call for help:
- Your name and Medicaid ID number
- A phone number that you may be reached at
- Appointment date and time
- The provider’s first and last name that you will be seeing
- Address and phone number of provider
- What transportation assistance will be needed
For additional transportation benefit information, please see the UPHP Handbook which can be found under the “Members” tab on this website.
To view the entire list of Transportation Rules and Regulations, click here. For additional transportation benefit information, please see the UPHP Handbook which can be found under the “Members” tab on this website.
To request transportation assistance online click here.
Page Last Updated: 04/26/2017