For transportation assistance for Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP), please call 1-800-835-2556 (TTY: 711). UPHP’s Transportation Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. Our answering machine is on 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Assistance is available for care that is medically necessary and UPHP will use the most cost-effective means of transportation. If you cancel or change an appointment, you need to tell UPHP before the day of the appointment.
- The UPHP transportation benefit is only available for UPHP-covered services.
- Appointments can be called in as soon as they are scheduled.
- Call UPHP at least 3 business days before your appointment if you need reimbursement only.
- Call UPHP at least 5 business days before your appointment if you need a ride (e.g. bus, taxi, driver).
- Requests for urgent appointments may qualify for reimbursement only and can be processed without a 3 business day notice.
Please have the following information ready when you call for help:
- Your name and Medicaid ID number
- A phone number that you may be reached at
- Appointment date and time
- The provider’s first and last name that you will be seeing
- Address and phone number of provider
- What transportation assistance will be needed
For additional transportation benefit information, please see the UPHP Handbook which can be found under the “Members” tab on this website.
Page Last Updated: 03/6/2019