PLEASE NOTE: Effective July 13, 2020, Upper Peninsula Health Plan (UPHP) drivers and members must wear a face covering that covers both the mouth and nose during transports. This policy is being implemented to protect the health and safety of our members and drivers, and to ensure UPHP is in compliance with Executive Order 2020-147. Exceptions can be made for those who cannot medically tolerate a face covering or are communicating with someone who is hearing impaired or otherwise disabled and where the ability to see the mouth is essential to communication.
To request a ride or reimbursement online you can complete the Transportation Assistance Request Form or call UPHP Transportation at 1-800-835-2556 (TTY:711).
UPHP’s Transportation Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. Our answering machine is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Please have the following information ready when you call:
- Your name and Medicaid ID number or ID number of the person you are calling for
- A phone number that you may be reached at
- Appointment date and time
- The provider’s first and last name you will be seeing
- Address and phone number of provider
- What transportation assistance will be needed
For additional transportation benefit information, please see the UPHP Member handbook which can be found under the “Medicaid” tab on this website.
Page Last Updated: 08/3/2020